Montreal, July 31, 2015
Request for offers – Food sector in Canada
The purchase will be co-financed by the European Union funds: the European Regional Development Fund, in the framework of the project “The Network of Service Centers for Investors and Exporters (COIE)", Sub-measure 6.2.1 of the Innovative Economy Operational Program, 2007-2013.
The aim of the order is a preparation of the market analysis on the food market in Canada, with special attention given to the procedures for access to the Canadian market for Polish food exporters.
Trade and Investment Section of the Consulate of the Republic of Poland in Montreal, Canada
3501, Avenue du Musée, Montreal, Quebec H3G 2C8, Canada
Phone no.: +1 (514) 282 0080
Fax no.: +1 (514) 282 1784
Mandatory Conditions of Participation:
1. Contractor shall demonstrate that in the last two years (2), from the date of submitting the offer, he had completed at least two (2) market analyses on the food sector in Canada and shall submit relevant documentation to support this statement, in accordance with Appendix 2.
2. The Contractor shall engage at least two (2) market analysts, fluent in English, who have experience in preparing analyses of food sector in Canada, in completing this analysis. As a confirmation, the Contractor shall submit their CVs and a declaration of participation in the project.
The Purchaser requires that:
I. the analysis of the food market in Canada will be prepared in English and Polish, and will be delivered to the office of the Purchaser both in paper and electronic versions (on the USB flash drive, in .DOC and .PDF formats) in 5 copies each within 30 calendar days of signing the agreement.
II. the analysis includes data /information covering the last five years from the date of submitting the offer and includes the following issues:
1. Characteristics of the food sector in Canada, including market size, key trends, main distribution channels, prospects for the development of the sector until 2020, major Canadian partners in food imports – broken down into commodity groups relevant for the Polish food exporters.
2. An analysis of the export potential of Polish food on the Canadian market and the identification of the possible market niches to be pursued by the Polish food producers, with regard to market access barriers, along with recommendations on the strategy of entering the Canadian market entry and further expansion.
3. Import regulations for the Canadian market imports of food products and beverages (including alcohol), with regard to the specific procedures for individual group of goods, including dairy products (cheese, milk, butter, etc.), processed fish products, mineral water, fruit and vegetable juices and beverages, cold meats and sausages as well as other food products prospective on the Canadian market.
4. Necessary requirements to be met by the Polish food and beverage exporters in order to enter the Canadian market, including a “step-by-step” guide on how to successfully enter the market, and taking into consideration the specific regulations of the respective groups of food products.
5. The list of major importers and distributors of food and beverages (including alcohol) in Canada by type of imported / distributed product (ie. juices, soft drinks, mineral water, cheese, alcohol, cold meats, sweets, etc.), along with contact details (address, email, phone).
6. The list of major Canadian trade shows, conferences and seminars on the food market, to be held in 3rd and 4th quarters of 2015 and in next three years (indicate if cyclical), along with the contact details of the organizers (name, address, email, phone).
The Contractor may also include additional information beyond the scope of obligatory analysis, deemed important for the Polish companies interested in entering or developing their businesses on the Canadian market. This will not affect, however, the assessment of the offer and will require the consent of the Purchaser.
Criteria for the offer selection:
The choice of the offer will be made on the basis of the following criteria: price - max. 60 points, experience – max. 40 points. Total points = 100.
Total points = 100
Experience of the Contractor beyond the mandatory conditions of participation, ie. completing, in the last two (2) years, at least one extra analysis of the Canadian food market - score 1, completing 2 analyzes - score 2, completing 3 analyzes - score 3, completing 4 analyzes - score 4, completing 5 or more analyzes - score 5
There are no points awarded for the two market analyses presented as a part of fulfilling mandatory conditions of participation. The mandatory and extra analyses may not overlap in any way.
If the bidder does not comply with the mandatory conditions of participation, the offer will not be considered.
Deadline for offers and form of submission:
Deadline for submitting offers is August 7, 2015. Please deliver the offers to the Purchaser’s office or at the e-mail address: email@example.com
Validity of the offer: 20 calendar days from the date of submitting the offer.
The price for preparing the market information should be given in Canadian dollars.
Mandatory deadline for delivery of the market information:
30 calendar days from the date of signing the contract.
The contract will be signed with the selected Contractor.
The contract must be signed and returned to the Trade and Investment Section of the Consulate of the Republic of Poland in Montreal within 5 working days from the date of receipt of the contract (in electronic form). Non-delivery of the signed contract within this period will be treated as a waiver of the Contractor from the preparation of the market information. In this case, the Purchaser will select the next best offer which received the most points.
The Contractor will be paid /by a bank transfer/ on the basis of the invoice issued by him in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone: +1 514 282 0080.
The offer should include the following documents:
1) App. 1 to the present request for offers
2) App. 2 to the present request for offers
3) CVs of the experts along with their declarations of participation in the project.
4) Valid documents confirming the existence of the company issued within six months of the deadline for submitting offers (on February 9, 2015 or later).
The Trade and Investment Section of the Consulate of the Republic of Poland in Montreal reserves the right to cancel this announcement without reason and/or prior notice.